Public Notice – Board of Trustee’s Work Session - May 19, 2020
Due to the ongoing public gathering restrictions in place to address the Covid-19 pandemic, the Deerfield Township Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for 5:30 PM on May 19, 2020 will take place virtually via Facebook live on the Township’s Facebook Page. After the live meeting, the recorded video will be posted to www.choosedeerfield.com and be available to view.
The Ohio General Assembly has stated a public body can meet “virtually” so long as it does all of the following:
- Public bodies must provide notification of virtual meetings and hearings to the public, to media requesting notification of a meeting, and to any necessary parties, at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting;
- In that notice, public bodies must provide the time, location, and manner in which the meeting or hearing will be conducted (except in the case of an emergency);
- The public body must provide public access to its “virtual” meeting or hearing in the same manner that it’s being conducted—whether by live-streaming on the internet or television, call-in information for a teleconference, or by other similar electronic technology;
- The public body must ensure that the public can observe and hear the discussions and deliberations of the public body;
- If a public body is conducting a hearing, there must be a way to converse with witnesses and to receive evidence.
We ask if anyone has any items they wish to contribute to the public comment portion of the meeting to please submit in advance to Jim Flick, Public Information Officer at email@example.com. Those comments will be read aloud during the meeting and any necessary responses given at that time.